Sunday, December 14, 2008

My random ramblings for the day...

So, I once again return to the blog to write all my random feelings for the past few days.  Really not sure what I'll say, but I think I'm just gonna write and see what comes out!  I won't promise that it will make any sense to anyone, so don't judge!  This is just gonna be the random ramblings of a 26 year old guy trying to stay awake for a few moments...

First, the last few weeks at work have been crazy.  We've been doing two Christmas dinners a night for the past two weeks.  It's been kinda crazy.  One, we as staff haven't started our work day until 2 pm, which is quite a change from 8 am.  That only means we work until 10 that night to get our 8-hour day in.  Two, we've had to call up some help from past staff members to help with the crowds.  There's so much that has to be done with the banquets that it was nice to have a bit of extra help here and there.  Three, each dinner has been a unique experience.  Some wards come up here and eat everything we put out, even going to the point of asking for more.  Others hardly eat the first helping of food that we put out for them, so we have tons of leftovers.  I have seen many friends who have come up with their wards, so that's kinda fun.  It was a bit rough trying to meet the demands of the groups when we weren't prepared for some of their requests.  But, we learned to be flexible and adjust as quickly as we could to their changing needs.  It's funny to think how many people came and how many chose not to even come up.  On average, I think there were about 3 to 4 empty tables with each group that came up.  For a large group, that's okay.  But for a group of only 100?  Well, let's just say we found it as a waste of the ward budget!  But, I did get to enjoy having either turkey or ham for 14 days straight!  I guess I shouldn't complain all that much now should I?!?

Church stuff is going well.  Still have two callings.  Still glad that they haven't called me as the other Elder's Quorum President!  It's not that I'm not worthy.  It's that I don't really want the responsibility.  I'm fully content being in a less-visible position in the church.  I've seen some of the stuff they've had to deal with and it's not something that I'm coveting to be!  Plus, I've already served in two different presidencies, so I'll let someone else have the experience!  I'm enjoying my calling.  Haven't really done much with it, though.  But, there's really not much I can do with it anyway.  As long as I'm at the ward activities, I'm magnifying my calling!


As far as family goes, things seem to be okay.  No new news to report.  My family has said that "No news is good news", but I'm kinda scared about that mentality.  Yeah, it's good to hear nothing because that mean things aren't getting worse!  But, the whole situation isn't all that good in the first place, so I'm not sure no news is really good news in this case.  Things do seem to be going well from what I've heard thus far.  No improvements, though.  So, I keep praying and hoping for the best!  I guess that all I can do for right now...

As far as my social life goes, things haven't changed since the last update.  I have gotten over my bitterness towards girls.  I guess that would be a good thing if I ever want to go on another date, eh?  I'm afraid to admit that I was pretty bitter for awhile.  I've slowly moved on past that stage and I'm trying to get on with my life.  But now that I have to start back at square one, I've become the wuss that I normally am.  I've reverted back to being the outgoing guy in the group scenes but being too shy, timid, and fearful when it comes to asking girls on a date.  Something my dad said to me recently kinda hit hard.  He said I need to make sure my actions truly reflect my priorities in life.  If my priorities aren't matching my actions, I need to change my actions.  And he said it's very evident that my actions are matching my priorities.  I guess that's a good thing, eh?  I have wanted to ask a couple girls out on first dates since things went sour in my last relationship.  However, I've wussed out at every opportunity that I've had to ask the girls.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I was fine when I was dating a girl, but now that I'm single it's like I can't even carry a conversation with them!  It's pitiful!  A couple of my friends have tried to encourage me to do it, but I just can't seem to muster the courage to do it!  It's really sad!  I really shouldn't be like this anymore!  But alas, I am becoming more of a wuss each day.  Maybe it's a fear of getting hurt?  Or maybe I'm just too lazy?  Or maybe it's that I'm loving single life too much to want anything else?  Well, the latter might only be partially true.  I just need to get out of this rut that I'm in and get back on my feet!  And I know I can do it!  I just gotta believe that I can do it!

As far as careers and jobs go, nothing has changed there either.  I've applied to several jobs, but haven't heard from all of them yet.  I hope to hear back from some of them next weekend, but I'm gonna call them this week and check up on things.  With all this insecurity about jobs, I've also played around with the idea of going back to school.  I think I want to go back and become a firefighter.  Becoming a firefighter would help me in so many ways, too!  One, it adds more credibility to my degree in recreation management.  Two, there are a lot more opportunities in firefighting than there are in recreation management at the moment.  Three, a few of my buddies really want me to join their crews!  And I'd love to work with them, but I need to get some training first.  Four, it has been a childhood dream to play on big trucks and put out fires!  Five, what boy doesn't love playing with fire?!?  Six, firefighting pays a bit better than recreation management jobs.  And seven, we'll always need firefighters!  We may not always need people to run resorts.  So, we'll see if that becomes a serious option in the next six months to a year!

Well, that's about it!  That's a pretty good rundown of my life up to this point in time.  If you have any suggestions to any of the above, please let me know!  I'd be glad to receive any assistance that I can get!

1 comment:

Brooke Hill said...

Dear Tyler,

Dont you hate that sometimes life just plain sucks!?!? I know I do, and I know exactly where you are coming from. Lets be friends and hang out and make out lives fun again! What do you say???? Miss you tons!

Brooke