Monday, October 6, 2008

Umm...a short update!

So, I haven't written on this things in awhile.  Seems like a repetitive kinda thing, eh?  I promise I'm trying to get better at this!  And if you can't forgive me, well, that's your problem!

So, what's been going on in my life???  Where do I begin?!?  Here goes nothing!

First, work's been crazy!  I've been given new responsiblities since the fall season has started.  It's been fun to do, but kinda taken me awhile to adjust to the new responsibilites.  I'm keeping up as best as I can, though.  I'm worried that I'm a bit short with people when I get so focused on the tasks at hand.  It's not that I'm not concerned for their welfare and that I'm angry.  It's just that I want to get done as quickly as possible so I can move on to other things I know I need to get done.  Hopefully, they don't take me too seriously!  But, I'm loving it up here!  It's been a real treat to work here for the past few months.  I'm seriously going to miss this place when I do leave!

Second, I'm in the market for a new vehicle!  My old vehicle, which I've only had for two years now, is on its last leg.  I've had problems on-and-off again with this vehicle.  I was hoping it would last a few years before I would have any serious issues.  It appears as if it will only last me until the end of this year.  Sad, eh?  It's been a good car.  I've enjoyed having it.  I wish it wouldn't have to end this way, but it does.  Hopefully, I can find a new car that suits my needs.  I've looked around and found some cars that I like.  Most of them I can't afford.  But, I think I have found a few that meet my needs and wants and will work for my current cirumstances.  We'll see what I eventually get!  If you have a couple extra thousand dollars lying around, send some my way!

Third, general conference was a blast!  It was fun to hear all the leaders of the church talk about things that I need to hear.  I learned quite a bit from all the talks I heard.  If only I could retain all the information I learned from the weekend instantaneously.  I was definitely uplifted and strengthened from listening to their words.  And, it didn't hurt that I got to two of the five sessions!

Four, my social life is going well.  I can't say that I'm engaged or even close to it.  I have, however, been on several dates over the past month or so.  Gone on dates with a lot of fun, pretty girls.  However, only one of those girls seems to be a repetitive thought in my mind.  I don't want to sound like I'm obsessed or stalkerish in any way.  But, she has made an impact on my life, even if it's been a small one thus far.  I've hung out with her on several occasions over the past few months.  I'm not even sure what her thoughts about me are.  I do know, however, that my interest level has been peaked.  She's a blast to be around.  She's fun, has a great smile, intelligent, driven, spiritual, BEAUTIFUL, kind, generous, great listener, and the list goes on and on.  I feel like she lifts and improves me whenever I'm around her.  Now, nothing has happened between us.  We're just friends at the moment.  I would like to date her, but I'm not sure if the feelings are mutual.  Some of my close friends say that it appears as if she's interested.  But, I haven't gotten the guts to ask her what her thoughts on the subject are.  We've hung out a few times this past week and it's made me re-evaluate what I really want in this life.  My priorities are beginning to shift a bit.  They're not shifting to anything bad; they're just shifting in a direction that I think is needed.  I guess I'm just scared to think what she really does think of me.  Does she like me?  Are we just good friends?  Is there a possibility we can date on a more regular basis?  Or am I just foolishly hoping for something that's not there?  I guess only time will tell!  (p.s.  I really hope she doesn't read this.  If she does, this ought to get interesting...)

Ffith, my family seems to be doing well.  My sister-in-law is pregnant again, and that's exciting.  My sister and neices appear to be doing well.  My younger two brothers at home are doing well.  No big issues with my parents.  All in all, family life is good!

I guess that's about it to report.  I know it's not all the details on what's been going on the past month or so.  But if you really want a good update, I guess you could really just call and ask me and I'd be glad to fill in the blanks!  But then again, who's really going to read this post anyway???

No comments: