Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thoughts of the day...

Hmm...where to begin? Once again, I neglect to update my worthy followers on the ever chaotic (but sometimes boring) life of Tyler. I have this nasty habit of not communicating much with the outside world. Kinda a loner in that way. But alas, I'm doing my best to overcome this shortcoming! Onward and upward!

Now that I've finished school, I can no longer comment about it. Learning is something I enjoy, but I've grown uncomfortable with the structure of school. After being in school for so long, it's time for a break! And I'm glad of it! I was beginning to get a bit burned out with school. The excitement and motivation of attending school had begun to wane and I had very little motivation to go each day. That's a glaring sign that it's time to be done! At least, for a little while...

Work is work. There have been a lot of changes in the way things have been run at work. Not directly in my department but more of the overall business. A lot of people have been upset with some of the decisions that upper management has made and chosen to pursue. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't always agree with the direction that the business is taking, but my job depends on my support of management. So, I keep my job by supporting management in hopes that they understand the full extent of their decisions. If not, the consequences are upon their heads. I hope it all goes well! I'm still on the hunt for a paramedic job somewhere in the western US. I'll fly out to a test the end of this month. We'll see how that goes! A lot of my friends here aren't too happy about my moving. I have created a nice social network out here. But, I must pursue the best option for my chosen career. And wherever that is, I must follow. And if that means moving outside of my happy little bubble here, then so be it. I do like adventure and haven't shied away too much at a new experience. I've just become very comfortable in my current circumstances. What will be the outcome? Only time will tell!

Family life remains the same. My bond with my parents and youngest sibling seem to grow with each passing week. Who would have thought that I'd become closer to my youngest brother than with my other siblings? I certainly never would have foreseen it! I call home on a pretty regular basis, getting advice and updates. I do wish I could see my family more often. If only time and distance (and money) didn't' separate us so much! Still haven't heard much from my other three siblings. I sure hope they're doing ok. My mom says she hasn't heard much from them either, so I don't feel as bad. It's better to know I'm not the only one out of the loop when it comes to updates on the family!

My social life is slowly increasing. I've finally gotten more spare time and have made improving my social network a top priority. I've become more of a social butterfly than I ever thought I would be. I guess that's what living in the dorms for three years does to you! It's been an uphill battle trying to keep motivated to visit friends despite being so tired and worn down. I've neglected my friendships for far too long and I can see the signs of decay. But, I'm doing my best to resolve that! We'll see what the next post will bring in this area of my so-called life...

I'm learning how much I love my life up in the mountains! What a breathtaking scene to see each morning as I wake up! My dad was right: he did lose me to the mountains! I absolutely love it here! It's so green and magnificent! Even with the fall approaching and the colors changing, it's still a magnificent sight to see!

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

No comments: