Friday, October 29, 2010

Random ramblings...

Wow! Another week has come and gone. And what do I have to show for it? Hmm...that's an interesting question. Let me see...

The beginning of the week started out normal. Church services were great, as always. Good talks and lessons. Definitely need to continually improve and get better. FHE was good. Should have stayed longer but I scheduled a date that night, too. Didn't think FHE would go so long! So, I bailed a bit earlier than expected so I wouldn't be late on a date (Hey! I rhymed!). The date was good. Still have a hard time reading that girl! Not sure if she's interested in going on more dates or not. When I'm with her, it's great! She's so kind and seems interested. But, communicating with her by other means than face-to-face gives me the impression she's not into me as much as I may be into her. Oh well! I'm taking the philosophy of asking until I get a definitive "No" or something to that effect. I'll keep you updated on that. Training at the fire department was fun. We just watched a bunch of training videos to prepare for this weekend's extrication and fire drills. That'll be lots of fun! Did get stuck up at the station for a bit while waiting for the plows to clear the roads. We got a good dumping of snow Tuesday night which continued until Wednesday afternoon. It's weird that it happened so early in the year. Must be global warming (*snicker*)! There weren't any accidents to respond to, though. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not. Country dancing was fun! I do enjoy dancing more that I ever thought I would. I invited some of my friends who don't normally go to join me. Only one ended up showing up. I'm glad she showed up. I didn't think she would. She's a busy girl and has lots to do. But it was great that she showed up! A bit perplexed about the whole scenario, but that's a topic I'll have to discuss in private and not on this blog. At least, not in specifics! I also had a job interview on Wednesday with an ambulance service. It's not the ideal job I wanted with my certifications. However, it does pay better than my current job. And, it will be another reference to add to my resume to help land my dream job. That's a definite plus! As well, it will help me pursue a few potential options here in Utah while I try to figure out my interest in these girls while I still have time. The HR lady says they plan on hiring someone. Not really thinking they'll hire a paramedic since they're full of them. But, they are trying to add more to their department. So, that's good. She made it sound like I am their first option when it comes time to hire. But then I've been wrong about that before (South Jordan). Only time will tell what the outcome may be! And that wraps up the week thus far. Have work Friday night, training all day on Saturday, and then fly out to Denver for a job application that night. Will spend Halloween in Denver, which should prove to be interesting. I'll fly back from Denver on Tuesday, just in time to vote. It's weird that I feel such an urge to vote in this election. I feel much more passionate about this election than I have in years past. Why? I can't really point my finger at it. Nevertheless, I will vote and make my voice heard!

Okay. So that's my life for the past week. It sounds rather boring when I reread it. Sorry! Sleep deprivation seems to make me more blunt and less creative. I guess that's what I get for staying up so late and getting up so early! I wish I could get on a more regular schedule! But alas, I want to play too much and yet still have to work to make a living. So, I'll sneak in what little sleep I can when I can find the time to do so. But it appears that may be getting harder and harder to do if I keep taking on so much. Oh! Here are some other updates in my life!

Family - Things are good here. It was Teri and Daniel's birthdays today. Couldn't get ahold of either, so I left them voicemail messages. Hope they got them! Things seem to be going okay here. Once again, no news is good news. Things are still tense and up in the air about some difficulties. But, we'll weather the storm like we always do!

Dating - Hmm...what can I say? I'm dating around, pursuing several options. One in particular stands out above the rest. There are a few that have shown interest and that I may pursue further as well. We'll see what happens as the weeks progress! My goal of at least one date per week is going well. I only set this goal a few months back, so I can't really say I've progressed very far in it. But, even these small baby steps for me is more than I've done normally! We'll see if I get a date on Saturday while out in Denver. My friend is setting me up on a date out there. So, I'll update you if that happens, as well as other dating stories.

School - So, I haven't decided if I'll go back to school sometime in the future or not. I'm kinda burned out with the whole structured school thing. It feels relieving to be done for now. However, I do lack a few online classes to officially finish my second bachelors. But do I do it next semester or not? That's the pivotal question. My fear is I'll procrastinate until the last moment which will mean I won't take the classes this upcoming semester. But, I'm not in a great financial position to really take the needed courses. Alas! What should I do?!?

And that's all I have to say about that...

No comments: